Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Trees you traitors

A lament



Regular readers reader will recall the first verse of this repeatedly bad poem from last week. Being the weakling we are, a second verse was written. I've given up apologizing, as you know; still. 

Loss of Light

September you liar
Seven you’re not 
Summer you’re not
Benign you’re not
Nine you are
Light eater
Summer stealer
Bloody leaf thief
September you liar.

Trees you traitors
With red you tease us
With gold you tease us
With fire you burn us
With wind you leave us
Barren you are
Skeleton rattlers
Winter’s lover
Trees you traitors.

Perhaps you can tell we don'r particularly care for the cooler months here at CathyBlogs.


I'm gonna take the weeks, gonna have a fine vacation / I'm gonna take my problem to the United Nations / Well I called my congressman and he said "Whoa!" / "I'd like to help you son but you're too young to vote" / Sometimes I wonder what I'm a gonna do / But there ain't no cure for the summertime blues

No comments:

Post a Comment