Pages

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Originality. SO over-rated.

We're warning you

It's not safe to be here when we play with the words. You're better off on days when I got nothin' and we depend on Weird Al videos and real poems of tender poets. But no, here you are, dear readers reader, and it's an all-CathyBlogs-Thursday.

In spite of our best intentions -- not playing with the frig magnets today -- the tiles sang a siren song and started moving around like Tom Riddle's name in Chamber of Secrets.


I have no idea what this means but makes me think of Gwendolyn Brooks's 'We Real Cool,' which is much, much cooler than this. 

And 'cool fool' isn't the worst of it. No, we didn't have enough to think about on the way to work. Must have been a slow day on Morning Edition. And I just realized we over-worked the word 'cool' today. 

cool blue morning

Funny. The sun.
Renders.
An opaque sky.
Something’s always hidden.
Night opens
into infinity.
maybe
And. Black. Holes.
This car
rides the earth.
Less than zero.
All I can do
is drive through
this.
Cool. Blue. Morning.

As a bad experiment I posted this to Instagram and you'll notice the line that here reads 'maybe' used to be POSSIBLY. Taking votes on which is better. I should probably not use 'this twice' within six lines. 

Maybe...

cool blue morning

Funny. The sun.
Renders.
An opaque sky.
Something’s always hidden.
Night opens
into infinity.
maybe
And. Black. Holes.
Cars
ride the earth.
Less than zero.
All I can do
is drive through
this.
Cool. Blue. Morning.

It doesn't matter I'm just an

\\

Well maybe I'm the faggot America. / I'm not a part of a redneck agenda. / Now everybody do the propaganda. / And sing along to the age of paranoia.

No comments:

Post a Comment