Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Even cowgirls get the blues and have to post five things

In which we turn to 5 Things to fill up a blank canvas


1. Sometimes even bad frig magnet poetry is too bad to share so we make rotating gifs and pray you don't read fast. The bad title is 'Blazing' and the gif goes by blazingly fast. Perhaps it should be called 'Deconstruction.'

2. This from Book Riot: 'Books I'll Never Reread.' Her choice is Cormac McCarthy's The Road, a book I've very deliberately never read for the very reasons she doesn't want to reread it. On my list would be Needful Things by Stephen King (I'm very sorry I read it the first time) and William Styron's Sophie's Choice. Also Knock on Any Door.

3. The New York Times examines James Franco, poet, and we end up feeling kind of sorry for him, such close critical attention and all. Oh wait. Maybe that's just what he's.... I believe we've written of his possible awfulness as a poet before. This is a slightly more in depth examination. I take heart that if MFA holder and Oscar host James Franco can write bad poetry maybe we can too. Oh wait. 

4. “The craft or art of writing is the clumsy attempt to find symbols for the wordlessness.” —John Steinbeck. In some cases you may pray for wordlessness.


James Franco just makes us feel better about the entire process. Cue Sam Smith


You say I'm crazy / Cause you don't think I know what you've done / But when you call me baby / I know I'm not the only one


No comments:

Post a Comment