Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

365 Poems: Well, it's on my list

Day 280

I think Anne would have had
sympathy for me.
It's not that I didn't accomplish anything today. I finished editing a video, fed nine people, finished six loads of laundry, washed uncounted dishes ... and spent too much time on Facebook. And too little time on poetry or history class. Or on witty, salient blog posts.

Oh, almost forgot -- also finished The Aviator's Wife by Melanie Benjamin for book club. Not that it was a bad book. It wasn't. But having been an Anne Morrow Lindbergh fan since I was a teenager ('Bring Me a Unicorn'), it was hard to read a fictionalized version of her voice. Because her own diaries are so strong, so clear; if I was going to write a book about her, I'd write in the third person, not the first.

Anyway, help is on the way for shoddy posting and ill-conceived work habits. I found this ... maybe next week will be better. Or more organized. With less status updates. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment