Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

365 Poems: Five things, compiled on Friday, for your reading pleasure on Saturday

Day 299

Your weekly potpourri -- we parse the news so you don't have to. You are welcome.

1. Ghost Brothers of Darkland County. Soundtrack is definitely worth a listen. What happens after its Midwest run is over? We were wondering. Also, here's a review from the Nashville performance; I'd have to agree. This Indianapolis reviewer was pretty critical.

2. This is like a heat map of my reading life. No passport necessary.


3. I had a no good, terrible, very bad day last week. But I was not the first one.

4. I thought Indiana's would be 'Girl of the Limberlost' and Ohio's 'Winesburg, Ohio,' which shows what I know. (Just FYI, both those books are FREE for your Kindle.) Click through to discover the most famous books in each state.


5. Quote of the week: “Reading is the work of the alert mind, is demanding, and under ideal conditions produces finally a sort of ecstasy.” E.B. White on the future of reading.

I'm going to take a cold shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment