Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

365 Poems: Takeaways

Day 254

Some people want to hear all about your trip. And I mean ALL about it. Those are fun people to talk to. I'm my own travelogue!

Other people just want you to cut to the chase: 'What's your top two?'

In a week of highlights, it's actually easy for me to pick the top two.

2) Coming out of the Windsor underground station and seeing Big Ben against the background of the Parliament buildings. Like walking into a wall of history.

1) Actually a tie. First glimpse of the Eiffel Tower in Paris from the on-off bus (below) (kind of like a Where's Waldo of landmarks), and first view of the city after walking off the elevator.

Where's the tower!?

Runners-up include getting off the airplane and realizing, holy cow I'm at LONDON HEATHROW; exiting the train and Paddington Station with a similar realization; visiting Poet's Corner in Westminster Abbey; walking across  Westminster Bridge and reading Wordsworth's poem; being at the Louvre; walking around Notre Dame; driving down the Champs d'Elysees; coming out of the Chunnel and thinking holy cow I'm in France. In short, almost every other minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment