Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

365 Poems: Piece of paper

Day 263

Save a book, print out a poem
I'm working away on two classes, which includes watching a ton of video lectures, reading poems, dissecting poems, watching webcasts, and writing an essay.

So, while the history course has a recommended text (written by the instructors, of course, we can't seem to escape that), the ModPo class does not. Of course being an English major I have all the poems in one book or other. But the syllabus provides links to every poem, very convenient.

And it hit me that my anthologies and poetry books would be in much better shape if we'd had the internet in the late '70s and early '80s. I had to make myself learn to mark up any textbook with yellow highlighter or pen; of course we were not allowed to mark books up in grade or high school.

Now, I'm printing out the poems out and using the page to mark up and for notes. NO GUILT.

Thank you once again, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment