Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

365 Poems: What I learned

Day 243

So I still have about a week to make up and I've been thinking about how to do that. Realized that I have a lot of pictures, and learned a lot of lessons, in London and Paris, so I think I can come up with a week of those. Prepare to be schooled. No particular order.



These guys are real guards, they have real machine guns, they are really part of the Queen's Guard. People also really go up right next to them (not me) and try to make them break face, and take all kinds of pictures.

They also seemed really, really young, and, at least this set, were not good at keeping straight faces. See the one at the left rear? He broke out in a big grin about a minute after this as they were marching away. There was quite a crowd taking pictures and talking to them.

And when I look at them all I can see is our high school marching band uniforms, circa 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment