Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

365 Poems: Might as well face it, I'm addicted to books

Day 206

Of course I'm addicted to books. Books are in my bedroom, extra bedroom, livingroom, kitchen, office, and basement. They are crammed in to my Kindle (both of them). My day is not complete without checking the Kindle deals of the day. And the bestsellers. And the 'Books recommended for me.'

And posts like this, from Buzzfeed: 25 Signs You're Addicted to Books*:
Illustration from Buzzfeed
And to class it up after including the picture with the f-bomb:
A Book

There is no frigate like a book
To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page
Of prancing poetry.
This traverse may the poorest take
Without oppress of toll;
How frugal is the chariot
That bears a human soul!

Emily Dickinson

And because I'm still feeling bad about the f-word, here's '12 Beautiful Poems for Book Lovers' from Flavorwire.

*And I had to use that illustration, having had the same reaction to several volumes of the Game of Thrones series. Thanks, George R.R. Martin. [See: Red Wedding.] [Also, end of 'A Dance with Dragons.]

Sorry. One more. Favorite video ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment