Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

365 Poems: The Hogwarts in my head

Day 211


Maybe there's a bazillion copies of a book -- say, like Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone -- but when you read it, the story gets sucked inside you, and it becomes your book and your story, and somehow your imagination gets married to J.K. Rowling's imagination and inside your head exists a Hogwarts that's all your own.

But when I came across these illustrations by Mary GrandPre -- whose illustrations graced the book jackets and chapter heads -- I felt as if she had climbed inside my head and drew the pictures. Go on over to Buzzfeed and see them all. I'd love to have them in an illustrated edition. You can order prints on Amazon (the one below is $400).

This one I loved the most:

Hogwarts by Mary GrandPre

No comments:

Post a Comment