Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

365 Poems: When words fail

Day 106

Mr. Rogers: “When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, ‘Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.’ To this day, especially in times of ‘disaster,’ I remember my mother’s words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in this world.”

Today seems a perfect day for a found poem, with headlines from my Google Reader:

Boston, April 15: In face of terror, keep calm

Boston Marathon 2013: Watch online with live-stream, TV channel!

It can happen anywhere

Explosions near finish line at Boston Marathon

'Greatest day' turns to horror

'Pandemonium'

'I saw blood everywhere' 

Shrapnel from explosion maims victims' limbs

What Happened at Boston's JFK Library?

Running Toward The Screams

At The Boston Marathon, The Sweetest Finish Soured

Those responsible will be brought to justice

Worst reactions to the Boston explosions

Heartbreak Hill

Runner just slow enough to miss Marathon explosions

Two Fort Wayne residents at Boston Marathon not injured

Blast injuries like those in Boston difficult to treat 

Heartfelt Reaction to Boston Bombings: People Are Good, Will Always Help

Psalm 46 And The Boston Marathon

Stories of Kindness After the Bombing

26th mile of marathon was dedicated to Newtown victims

8 Year Old Boy Dead

The Good Outnumber You And We Always Will

Terrorism strikes Boston Marathon; bombs kill 2

Despite Boston Marathon blasts, London Marathon to go ahead on ...

'It's just a loss of innocence,' one runner says



No comments:

Post a Comment