Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

He's worth a tweet, but a post?

I caught five minutes of the news, and whom do I see? My fellow Aboiteer, Mark Souder. I was moved to update my Facebook status (which I had to edit for Twitter):
Dear WANE-TV Newschannel 15, you lose all credibility with me when you have Mark Souder on as your 'expert.' Seriously, can't you find a reasonable Republican who didn't have to resign while bawling his eyes out?
I didn't mention he was bawling because his long-running affair was ratted out.

His credibility had disappeared with his campaign commercial of 199-whatever, when he presented himself and his family as 'from Grabill,' strolling down the wooden sidewalk in front of his family emporium, when I knew he really lived in the next addition down from us. What's 22 miles, more or less, among constituents?

And that was years before his stirring speech at my grandson's 2003 nursery school program, when he lambasted IPFW for presenting The Vagina Monologues! Didn't the littles enjoy THAT! Their first experience of free speech -- both being throttled, and being exercised, all in one speech. Quite a moment to remember.



No comments:

Post a Comment