Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Somebody shoot me. I might as well move to Huntington.

Where I work.Because I AM NOT going to be able to get home all summer.
The state of Illinois Road, aka Construction Alley, is well known. It's a mess.
Hadley Road is closed.
Covington has become The New Main Drag.
And what have I observed in the last couple of days but 1) some kind of blue pipe-things along Aboite Center Road, just the like blue pipe-things that lined Illinois before construction started, and 2) pavement milled down on the east lane of Homestead Road, like it's going to be repaved.
Does someone sit in the city civil engineering department and plot how to drive the citizenry mad?

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I live off Getz between Illinois and Jefferson and it has become an absolute nightmare to actually get my car out into the street between 8am-9am and 3pm-5pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - I hear you. I can't stand coming home from work anymore. I drive completely out of my way just so I don't have to be backed up on Covington all the way to Flanagans.

    I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete