Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

From the Go Cyclones web site - What is a Mad Ant?

Go Cyclones - What is a Mad Ant?: "I couldn’t believe what my ears heard earlier today. I was listening to the car radio while driving home from work and got an updated score from an Iowa Energy game being played at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines."

I, too, often wonder about the connection between mad ants and basketball. Because at my house ... I kind of kill ants, mad or otherwise. Maybe that's just me.

UPDATE per comment: I've lived in Ft. Wayne since the '70s, I know what the name refers to. I don't think anyone outside Allen County would know, though. They just think we've named our NBA developement league team after insects. Angry insects.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:34 PM

    It is a play on words. The Mad Ants are named for General "Mad" Anthony Wayne.

    ReplyDelete