Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend observation

The stock market is tanking this morning (as if we couldn't have predicted that) and the Cubs played themselves out of another post-season (ditto), but in the Fort, judging by my weekend observations, all is not lost.

No one seems to have mentioned to Fort Wayne shoppers that maybe we should not be shopping. (It was mentioned to me, but I ignored it.) Because between the Vera Bradley sale (or, as I call it, Girls Gone Wild, Fort Wayne Edition), Kohl's (who can resist a 30% off coupon?), Gordman's (a new store? With discounts?) and the Halloween store at JP (packed), I'd say our economy is business as usual.

Not to mention the crowd in Kendallville on Sunday at the Apple Festival. Between the white chili, cornbread, and carmel apple, I forgot about any problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment