Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Any college grad who's also a baseball fan should be jealous of this course

Pro baseball course is hit at college - Education- msnbc.com: "Landing a seat in Margaret Creighton's 'Red Sox Nation' course at Bates College is nearly as difficult as scoring a playoff ticket at Fenway Park."

Thought this was particularly relevant today, when the baseball playoffs begin.

It was my worst baseball nightmare last night: two teams I hate, the Twinkies and the White Sox, playing for a spot. I wanted them both to lose. Obviously the Sox lost less and play another day.

And need I mention that in my household of Cub fans, anticipation and excitement threaten to overcome members.

I'm getting over my Indians disappointment--they battled back to end the season just seven games out of first place, in third place in the AL Central--and I'll hop on the Cubs bus too.

When we made our first trip to the new Gordman's last night, one Cub fan spotted a vintage T: Cubs--World Series--1908 emblazoned on the front. On my second trip there, I think I'll have to get him one ... since I don't trust waiting for the 2008 version.

No comments:

Post a Comment