Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'd watch the RCA Dome deflate

UPDATE: People party while dome deflates; video also here»

"Indiana State Police are warning people not to stop on nearby Interstate 70 to watch the dome deflate."

I'd watch it, although being a law-abiding citizen, not from the highway.

I'll miss the Dome, a little--sure, it was fun to watch a Colts game there. And loud. But nothing was as fun as watching the Homestead Spartan Alliance band win four state championships there, in '92, '94, '95, and '96. Some of the most exciting moments of our kids' high school years.

Although the acoustics left something to be desired--the dome lent kind of a hollow sound to the music--and a weird echo. What will the new digs bring? I just might have to attend state finals this to find out.

What I won't miss--getting blown out of the revolving doors when exiting the Dome, due to the change in air pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment