Pages

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Early fall evening on Hearthstone Drive

It's hard walking because The City is repairing sidewalk crossings that seemed to be okay, but must not have met some City Standard.
But it's lovely walking because the air is so warm, the sun so soft, the neighborhood so calm.
It's noisy walking, for the cacophony of cicadas and crickets and locusts seem to be reaching a pre-frost crescendo.
But it's lovely walking, for I hear music faintly from the high school, and birdsong everywhere, and children playing somewhere.
It's necessary walking, for I've sat in a cubicle all day and feel stiff and stuffy.
It's lovely walking, for finally I can see the sky and feel the breeze and clear my head.
So I did it twice.

1 comment:

  1. Sheila11:45 PM

    I love the crickets, and locust and stuff making their sounds. Reminds me of when I was a kid growing up. We use to sit outside as a family and just talk for hours.

    ReplyDelete