Pages

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We share a developer with our TRUE sister city

I know we have sister cities in Poland and Japan, but I personally think of Ft. Myers, Florida as the true sister city of Ft. Wayne. The migration of folks from the North Fort to the South Fort during spring break and retirement years is pretty heavy.

So when I found this article online it caught my eye:

Fort Myers riverfront renovation firm favored | news-press.com | The News-Press: "Acquest Development's latest project is Bayfront Convention Center and Sheraton Bayfront Hotel in Erie, Pa. It is about to break ground on a 250-room Marriott Courtyard Hotel in Fort Wayne, Ind."

Seems we have more in common with our Southern Sister City than just some migratory population.

1 comment:

  1. I think that the Fort Meyers - Naples area is Indiana South. When there I constantly run into people who are from Indiana, mainly northern Indiana.

    ReplyDelete