Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Global warming and arguments for and against

Into each life some rain must fall: Global Warming a scam?: "Comments about Global Warming
By John Coleman"

Read the commentary on Greg Shoup's weather blog; it resonated with me. I've never been sure our "earth is in peril," I think we need to take better care of it, but I've never been convinced that the weather changes we see are entirely human-caused--the earth's weather has changed many, many times, all by itself, no humans needed.

Just yesterday on Morning Edition, I heard this story: "Teenage Skeptic Takes on Climate Scientists." And thought: you go, girl. Kristen Byrnes's web site, Ponder the Maunder, is the "official site of the Kristen Byrnes Science Foundation" and is a "comprehensive look at the global warming issue without financial or political bias." Makes for interesting reading, and it like a deep breath of common sense to me. Even if it is by a 16-year-old.

No comments:

Post a Comment