Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Ultramobile PCs: A Fort Wayne connection

Ultramobile PCs: The Next (Not So) Big Thing - Hardware - IT Channel News by CRN and VARBusiness: "Target audiences for UMPCs certainly exist today, and savvy solution providers are getting a jump. GW Micro Inc., a Fort Wayne, Ind.-based VAR, offers IT solutions for the blind and vision-impaired. According to President Dan Weirich, UMPCs with a keyboard interface like the OQO 02 are a perfect fit for his customers. 'Ultramobile PCs meet a specific need for our customers ... Portability is very important when you're blind,' Weirich said."

Found this article on the Channel Web Network. I've always wanted a PC bigger than a PDA but small enough to fit in my purse. While we were waiting in LaGuardia last week, I saw a young Japanese girl with exactly the kind of computer I'd always wanted! Maybe I need to cruise some Japanese web sites....

No comments:

Post a Comment