Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Mad Ants"name dissed in Knoxville, Iowa paper

AlliedNews.com - Grove City, Pennsylvania - Column: Oh no, the ants are after me!: "Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. What kind of a name is that? Is that supposed to strike fear in the hearts of their opponents?"

Later in the story he says,"What a stupid name."

I was thinking, you know, if this columnist knew the story, perhaps he wouldn't think it was so stupid.

Then: you know, if you have to explain a name, maybe it's not a good name.

I live here, and I thought it was kind of dumb, too. And that bug logo scares me.

1 comment:

  1. Several years ago, my father was visiting me here in F.W. A local business had a message on their sign in support of our city's baseball team. My father had a puzzled look on his face as he asked me "What's that about?"

    I actually had to look at the sign for a minute before I understood his confusion. The sign said "Go Whiz!"

    ReplyDelete