Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Ft. Wayne called "unglamorous" in the Pittsburgh Jewish Chronicle

Jewish_Chronicle: "DeSantis, on the other hand, named Fort Wayne, Ind., which he said is 'a shining example of how to do more with less.' However, DeSantis said his staff hates it when he holds up unglamorous Fort Wayne as an example. The contrast between the two cities sparked a deadpan reaction from WPXI-TV anchor David Johnson, who moderated the United Jewish Federation-sponsored debate. 'Boston and ... Fort Wayne,' he said."

My God, I just never know what I'm going to turn up when I Google "Ft. Wayne." Because who .would think there's be a diss from PITTSBURGH? I guess they should know, because I think of PITTSBURGH as the center of unglamorous life, so maybe it's a compliment? Of the back-handed sort?

Nah

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:17 PM

    DeSantis was absolutely complimenting Ft. Wayne's governance --and don't worry about Dave Johnston's opinion of Ft. Wayne; he's the worst newsreader on the lowest rated newscast in town so apparently, no one is really paying attention to ANYTHING he has to say.

    ReplyDelete