Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Seeking Common Ground, Finally

Seeking Common Ground on Abortion - Newsweek Society - MSNBC.com: "Oct. 10, 2007 - A group of evangelical and progressive leaders, led by the left-leaning think tank Third Way, are meeting this week in Washington to launch “Come Let Us Reason Together: A Fresh Look at Shared Cultural Values Between Progressives and Evangelicals,” a new paper that calls for common ground on the toughest cultural issues of our day: abortion, gay and lesbian rights, treatment of the human embryo and the role of religion in the public square."

One of my least favorite words is "polarization," because I think the process of that has done more to hurt this country than any war ever did. Our "polarization" of issues--abortion, gay rights et al.--causes an ideological civil war. As a moderate who is damned to always see two sides of an issue, I'm always loathe to put any label on myself--Democrat, Republican, feminist, liberal, whatever. And I've felt plenty lonely for a long, long time.

Then I read an article like this one and it's like a dust mite of light and hope in a dark room.
Visit: third-way.com

No comments:

Post a Comment