Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Full redesign rolls out; tweaks coming to TV book | The Journal Gazette

Full redesign rolls out; tweaks coming to TV book | The Journal Gazette
I forgive you, Ft. Wayne newspapers, for the delivery problems you've had since the new presses have started rolling.
I forgive you, Ft. Wayne newspapers, for the typography problems you've had; even though that Courier headlines hurt my eyes, I understood.
I forgive you, Ft. Wayne newspapers, for putting so much emphasis on the "new TV Journal," because I know people just freak out about that.
I am withholding judgment, including forgiveness, on the business decision to spend so much money on a new press, even though I know one was needed (and has been for YEARS--why the heck didn't you do this 25 years ago?), and putting so little into your web presence? And for doing such a major print redesign, and not simultaneously launching a new web site, and a new way incorporating breaking news, neighborhood news, etc., as so many newspapers are doing?
Or even mentioning that a new integration between print and web might be planned, too?
Not that I know one is--I'm just praying one is, and that to do two things at once was just too much.
Because, as nice as the papers now look, the trend of the future is online--and the possibilities of how to marry print and web are infinite, and exciting.
In the meantime, the current website--even with the slight redesign recently launched--is clumsy, hard to navigate, and worst of all, has ADS THAT PLAY MUSIC WITHOUT ASKING ME IF I WANT TO HEAR IT.
Guess all we can do is stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment