Pages

Monday, September 10, 2007

American Band by Kristen Laine

American Band by Kristen Laine
I have mentioned my years spent doing publicity for the Homestead Spartan Alliance Band, and that I am a pretty unabashed fan of high school band in general, and HHS in particular.
I'd often thought a year of marching band would be a great book. Kristen Laine has gone and done it, writing about the Concord HS band, one of our favorites of Class B.
Her web site is super, and here's news from the tours section:
"September 17, 2007 at Mitchell Books: This reading, book-signing, and fundraiser benefits nine area band programs. All are welcome. The fundraiser runs from September 15 to September 23 at Mitchell Books, 6360 West Jefferson Blvd. (260) 432-2665."
Her book is receiving good reviews, and I know I'm looking forward to purchasing my copy next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment