Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Voracious jumbo squid invade California - Science - MSNBC.com: "MONTEREY, Calif. - Jumbo squid that can grow up to 7 feet long and weigh more than 110 pounds is invading central California waters and preying on local anchovy, hake and other commercial fish populations, according to a study published Tuesday."

This one was just too good to be true, and you've got to see the picture. After years of waiting for California to fall into the ocean, to think they've been invaded by "voracious jumbo squid" is just too much satisfaction. When I read this headline, I had images of the squid marching off the beach and into LA or San Fransisco, ready to take over. I guess not yet.

Disclaimer: I've been to CA twice and have to admit I just loved it. I certainly hope that the squid don't take over, nor does the state tumble into the Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment