Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Woman becomes a ‘consecrated virgin’ - U.S. Life - MSNBC.com
Was I ever surprised to read this on msnbc.com of all places. Mainly because, I've been haunted by consecrated virgins for several years. A representative has called me for years at work, wanting to get their listing in the Almanac I used to edit. He was a perfectly nice man, but he had kind of a creepy voice, and when that's your only connection to someone (the voice over the phone), it colors your perception of the whole call. Of course, his call lead me to research consecrated virgins, including their web site, and eventually confirming they were okayed by a bishop. I didn't edit that book this year, so I don't know if their listing ever made it or not. But I always dreaded the yearly call from the creepy-voiced man.

No comments:

Post a Comment