Pages

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

johnmayer.com
I prob don't have to mention that I am way too old, and too married, and not enough a lot of stuff, but I think I am really, really in love with John Mayer. He is the latest in a long line of pop loves, of whom the Monkees are the first in line. Bobby Sherman, David Cassidy, they're in the line too. Rick Springfield. Steve Perry. Tim McGraw (country, but what a nice ass). If you visit his--John Mayer's--home page, check out the picture on Continuum; it just hit me, in it he looks like Johnny Depp in Edward Scissorhands. Oh, hey, I almost forgot, I love Johnny Depp too. Is it guys named John?
We saw John in concert in September, and what struck me most was his musicianship on the guitar. Reading his blog, I find it's very important to him--guitar playing, that is--and I wish I could tell him: Hey John. You're succeeding.
But I'm just waiting, waiting for the world to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment