Pages

Monday, October 23, 2006

Irish again manage to win when all appears lost - Notre Dame Central - MSNBC.com
And I was there to see it--Jeff Samardzija (and no I don't know how to spell his name, I copied and pasted it off th msnbc web site!) caught the winning pass in the end zone nearest up (we were in the second left corner).
What a ritual college football is, especially at ND. From the elaborate tailgate parties in the parking lots, to the dorms selling food in the quad, the people filling campus from one end to the other, the band, the cheers, the leprechan, the Irish Guard--just mesmerizing to watch, even if one is mostly a spectator.
The Goodyear blimp spent the entire afternoon circling the stadium, and although one appreciate the "shots from the Goodyear blimp" on TV, I don't know that I'd ever thought how boring it would be to do nothing but drive in circles all day...just like NASCAR!
I was especially appreciative of Mother Nature, as she sent pretty calm winds and sunshine instead of the showers as predicted.
Got to visit the bookstore for the first time, and it was so packed and hot I couldn't really browse, but I did pick up a Chistmas present for a ND fan.
More football yesterday--Peyton really got beat up, and I don't know I've ever seen him get so mad...which is probably a good thing--him showing some emotion, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment