Pages

Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Dilbert Blog: Affirmations
This is not the first I've read of the power of affirmations, but I have to admit, I haven't been able to stop thinking about how Scott Adams used them and believes their power helped him become successful and acheive his dreams.
He's realistic that it's not just that affirmations are "magic words" -- I can't just say "abracadabra" everday, and my dreams come true. But believing in your dream is part of it--convincing your skeptical side that what seems unachievable really is achievable--and somehow that's connected with having the ambition, the energy, the focus to work and work at it, plus, being open to the opportunities that might present themselves. Affirmations seems simple, but it's all part of a big, interconnected bunch of stuff that has to go on in your head and in your life. I wonder...if someone BLOGGED their dream every day, 15 times a day (Scott wrote his affirmation down 15 times a day for six months), for half a year... think of the possible results. One's dream could come true ... one's blog might lose the three disinterested readers that it has ... one might bring down the Internet as we know it with the sheer weight of longing. Ya know ... you can have more than one blog.... HHhhhmmmmmm.
I, Cathy D., will ....

No comments:

Post a Comment