Pages

Monday, September 25, 2006

Just what I want in a local paper
After going out on a limb to talk about what I would like in my local paper, the JG accomplished just that with Sunday's edition's front page. Every story was local, and I read them all--the McNaughton story, which I'd not heard about...the FWCS building needs...et al. I'm wondering if there will be some comments about unrealistic expections, "we can't do that," etc. Perhaps so. But small changes come after contemplating big changes; newspapers aren't going to change their modus operandis (can one pluralize that?) overnight; but, being a web site administrator myself, I spend a lot of time thinking about how people are going to want their information delivered in the future, and the best way to deliver the various kinds of info people want/need. Some will still come in print, I think; but then, I love paper. But what news we get in paper, and what in other ways, now, radical, change-agent type thinking is needed there.
When I have more time, I need to put my thoughts down about newspapers' web sites, because most of them are not good. There are exceptions. Stay tuned for a list of the good, the bad, and the ones you have to pay for.

No comments:

Post a Comment