Pages

Friday, August 25, 2006

Common Sensibilities Redux - I lost those sunglasses
That I'm wearing in my present userpic...which, by the way, pops up way too often in this particular template.
Working where I do, I really like this quote:
"Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with. His mind was created for his own thoughts, not yours or mine. " -- Henry S. Haskins (I Googled Henry S. Haskins and discovered he's one of the "quote people"--this quote is all over the internet, but I found nothing biographical about him. He must have lived to create this quote. He's not even in wikipedia.)
We're without water at work today, so the portajohns are here and the bottled water. Why can't I just go home and work on my own high-speed internet connection? There a bathroom there! And working water!
Off to see Pirates tonight at Cinema Grill--we told Julian last weekend we'd take him, and his parents haven't seen it yet either, so it's a date. It'll be the third time for me, which seems excessive, through not as bad as the lady who wrote to the paper last night--she's seen it, what, half a dozen times? Or more.
Waiting to be watched at home: Still, Get Rich or Die Tryin', and now, Eight Below. What a combination. I have the stacked one atop the other by the TV...when I get home tonight, everything may be exploded.
From our Cedar Point trip, on the way home, with Angela (aka "Mommy") driving and Caroline, 2, in the way-back seat:
Caroline: Mommy!
Due to road noise and video game on the TV, no response.
Caroline: Mommy! MOMMY! MOMMY!!
Mommy: What?
Caroline: Mommy!!!
Mommy: What! What! WHAT!
Caroline: Mommy! How 'bout sometimes?
Mommy: Huh?
Caroline: How 'bout sometimes?
Mommy, almost falling out of the car laughing along with the rest of us: Sure! Sometimes is fine!
"How 'bout sometimes?" is our new answer to ... just about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment