Pages

Monday, August 21, 2006

Common Sensibilities Redux - Cool happenings of the past
Tidbits I learned from The Writer's Almanac
It's the birthday of Ogden Nash, (books by this author) born in Rye, New York (1902).... He wrote, "I would live all my life in nonchalance and insouciance, / Were it not for making a living, which is rather a nouciance. (just love that one)

It's the birthday of writer and producer Gene Roddenberry, (books by this author) born in El Paso, Texas (1921).... I think STNG is my favorite.

t's the birthday of fashion designer (Gabrielle) Coco Chanel, born in Saumur, France (1883). Along with the perfume Chanel No. 5, which came out in 1922, she introduced turtleneck sweaters, trench coats, costume jewelry, bell-bottom trousers, bobbed hair, and the "little black dress...." Love her name, her perfume, the clothes, and the hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment