Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

cadee49: All kinds of newsA wedding invitation! How fun! I was thinking the wedding was Saturday but Sunday will work too. That means we will have Saturday to help, if needed, and maybe I can get to Trader Joe's!
Book Club tonight. Our book was Saturday, and I can't say it was my favorite. Kind of predictable. Now I'm working on The Kite Runner, and it's much better. I've got a list in my notebook of others I want to read this year, they include:
Teacher Man by Frank McCourt
Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey (Hadn't been too interested until the recent controversy!)
Rachel Ray's 365: No Repeats (Lots of people hate Rachel; I am not one of them. I enjoyed her new magazine too.)
Two books on Darwin, one by J. Watson and the other by E. Wilson
City of Falling Angels, John Berendt (He's the guy who wrote Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil, about Savannah, GA. This one is about Venice.)
Symptoms of Withdrawal, C. Lawton (Kennedy connection.)
What Remains by C. Radziwill (ditto)
Capote: A Life by G. Clarke. Also want to see this movie.
She Got Up Off the Couch by Haven Kimmel (I highly recommend her first book, A Girl Named Zippy.)
I just ordered (used of course!): The Memory of Running: A Novel by Ron McLarty (It just sounded good.)
Wyoming Stories by Annie Proulx (The short story Brokeback Mountain is in this collection.)
I have a similar list of movies somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment