Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts. -- Bertrand Russell

We forfeit three-fourths of ourselves in order to be like other people. -- Arthur Schopenhauer

No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut. -- Sam Rayburn

Reading
Compendium of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe--all the books in one big volume. So far I've just read the intro...but I think I will like it. Great humor.

Carol Joyce Oate's I'll Take You There--pretty bleak.

Prevention Magazine...sure to make you feel guilty about how you're living (not enough exercise, too much junk food...you get it).

Watching
Not much--too busy! Not home!
Everybody Loves Raymond--never my favorite show, but after mulching all evening, the one about smoking was just a hoot.
One-and-a-half Men--I just love Charlie Sheen. So droll.
American Idol--What a mess...but still, something exciting about live performances. Even if by the time they show them in Indiana, they're taped (due to the lack of Daylight Savings Time). Good part: I can get online an hour early and see who got booted and miss that whole innane show.
The Amazing Race--One show left. I hope the Survivor couple does NOT win!
Desparate Housewives--I am a very spotting viewer, but it is in the best prime-time soap opera tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment