Pages

Friday, February 4, 2005

TGIF but very foggy

Try to love someone who you want to hate, because they are just like you, somewhere inside, in a way you may never expect, in a way that resounds so deeply within you that you cannot believe it. -- Margaret Cho, weblog, 03-11-04


Goings on

Had errands to do after work last night so no Y. Myriad phone calls arranging dinner at Smokey Bones. Had bought a jawbone earbud thing that made my car phone calls much safer. Got home just in time to put stuff away and get to the restaurant.

Had a fun dinner with Tony, Jayme, Angela, Julian and Caroline. On to Old Navy for a sec with J&T--Greg bought a St. Pat's Day T-shirt--then home.

Tim arrived about 10, he is going to spend most of the weekend in Hartford City helping Aunt Pat close the store. Greg is going down tomorrow.

Having trouble getting the 10,000 steps a day in, even when we walk at work and I walk at the Y. It's the darn winter! And not going out to lunch--spending it at my desk is very bad.

Had fun making chili to bring to work today for the chili cook-off--it's jeans-and-football jersey day. But had trouble getting to work because of the fog--couldn't see 50 feet in front of me. Made it to the shopping center to drop off the dry cleaning; it was so bad I got a coffee then went back home. Did email at home for a bit then tried again, with more success.

My chili did not turn out too good--I wanted to make a fresh sauce but the tomatoes are just terrible and didn't cook up good. I cooked the crap out of them all night in the crockpot too, to no available. Oh well, if it's edible and doesn't kill ya, it's okay. My name's not on it!

I am babysitting Caroline tomorrow, as Ang and Matt have to work, so that means a busy day for me. We'll go to Julian's basketball at 11:15.

Reading the right Pope Joan for bookclub now. It's good although I hate tales set in the 9th century, life is so hard, you know there are no good endings. Hard winters, bad childbirths, scrourges of various types, despotic royal rulers, etc. And if you were a female, forget it. You were a non-person.

No comments:

Post a Comment