Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Quotes, haiku, and booksFor the most part, fear is nothing but an illusion. When you share it with someone else, it tends to disappear. -- Marilyn C. Barrick
You are built not to shrink down to less but to blossom into more. -- Oprah Winfrey, O Magazine, February 2003

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.-- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Sand

Sugar-soft, I long
To feel you under my feet --
I run to the sea.

Coffee

Oh, your aroma
In the morning is the drug
I need to function.

Reading list
Still working on Pope Joan, the one by Cross. It's pretty good, fast reading--although I wonder how authentic; it seems to be written from a pretty modern, feminist perspective, considering it's supposed to have occurred in about the 10th century.
Also, slugging away on the NIV daily Bible--still in Genesis. Having it broken up for you is really nice, helps you gauge how much to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment