Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2005

In an attitude of positive thinkingIn the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in an clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth.-- Mahatma Gandhi
In the mirror
Got up one morning last week...feeling pretty bleary-eyed and foggy. Into the bathroom, turned on the light, can't miss the big mirror and...who WAS that in the mirror? I thought to myself, oh God, I look 50 years old! Only to have to think, oh sh--! I AM almost 50 years old!

Embracing my negativity
Of course I always try to be a positive person and think of myself that way.
So last week I'm talking to the new editors at work and I had told them the mirror story and how I am spending this year getting used to the idea of being 50, not an idea I like but can't avoid. And we talked about the weather, which was bad, and how we didn't like it. And we talked about something else, I can't remember what, but was also bad. So Joyce points out that really, I was being pretty negative about these things, and I had to admit, dang! She's right!
So I had to recast myself as a negative person, but not wanting to be a downer, decided to embrace my negativity in a postive light! I'm a postive negative person! See how that works!?

On the scale
So by my bathroom scale at home I have lost this little bit of weight but a small victory nonetheless. So at work the other day they are doing some wellness testing, and I think, I'll go weight myself on the work scale and compare that to what I weighed on it at the beginning of January.
BIG mistake. According to the work scale, I had GAINED four pounds!
So at the Y later that day, I get on the scale in the women's locker room. And THAT scale weighed me in at, I'm NOT making this up, 15 pounds lighter than the scale at work.
I give up. I am not going by scales. Although perhaps I did really lose 15 pounds in six hours....

American Idol
I thought last night was really good. I do not like the cattle call auditions, especially the way we have to see all the BAD performers, as the producers look for the next William Hung. I'd rather just see the good ones. But when it's down to 100 or so contestants, you really start to see just who might be making the finals.

Really, really bad haiku
Laundry


Wash it dry it put
It away--is there no end
to this pile of wash?

No comments:

Post a Comment