Pages

Monday, February 7, 2005

Books, our best friends

Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers. -- Charles W. Eliot, The Happy Life, 1896 (He as the president of Harvard in the late 19th century, who grew it into the Ivy League school it is today.)


Believe in life! Always human beings will live and progress to greater, broader and fuller life. -- W. E. B. Du Bois, last message to the world, 1957

Forgiveness is the healing of wounds caused by another. You choose to let go of a past wrong and no longer be hurt by it. Forgiveness is a strong move to make, like turning your shoulders sideways to walk quickly on a crowded sidewalk. It's your move. -- Real Live Preacher, RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, July 7, 2003


You, too, should write a bad haiku. Try these topics:

Milk

Does chocolate milk come
From brown cows? Pour me a glass;
Add an Oreo.

Orange

So round and juicy,
Inside your luscious skin
I can taste the sun.


My family lives!
Actually talked to Reeny online! She has been hibernating. If I can get her and maybe Susy to come visit, I don't know what I'd do.
I really must go to the Y after work. Way too much food consumed Saturday and Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment