Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Musings on a Wednesday

The cat could very well be man's best friend but would never stoop to admitting it. -- Doug Larson [This one is just too true to be funny.]

No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather. -- Michael Pritchard [And is this.]

Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake. -- Victor Hugo [For those with insomina who try to solve the world's problems...at 3 a.m. Not gonna happen.]

And now, from the dreg of USAToday

Breakup

Shattered, scattered, sad,

Nothing is harder to take

Than a bad breakup.

Come away with me

To Huntington. In the fog. Couldnt' figure out why all the school delays and closings this morning...until I ventured out. I am amazed by the courage of people...those demon-driving people who won't let a dense fog slow them down. I, on the other hand, am a coward, and lift my foot from the pedal when I can't see 10 feet in front of me. Call me conservative.

A day of meetings, email, and web work. No walk. It has been very hot and humid, of all things, in the office, which is really weird, cos it's usually cold. So it felt great to leave the building at 4:30 and feel fresh air on my face. Went to the Y and walked outside... In January! It's a mile around the loop in the park. Mostly it was wet (not rain but runoff).


No comments:

Post a Comment