Pages

Friday, January 21, 2005

Bad Haiku for Today (none has won on www.usatoday.com
Guitar

Sing softly to me,
Suddenly I'm young again;
Notes from yesterday.

Cinnamon

Fragrant, brown and warm,
These rolls spice up the morning,
White icing like snow.

Broom

Held high, series sweep;
Nothing for baseball fans like
That last homestand win.

Wonderful news on the day of a winter storm warning

MSNBC - Monday, Jan. 24, called worst day of the year http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6847012/

Fort Wayne is NOT so dumb!
Here's an article that appeared in USAToday today, rebutting the Men's Health article that Ft. Wayne is the dumbest city in the US:
USATODAY.com - Looking for signs of intelligent life in Fort Wayne

Library notes
Finally finished A Fine Balance and had our book club discussion Tuesday evening. By the time I finished trying the Indian snacks our hostess provided and heard our presenter's lively remarks about Indian culture, politics, and history, I liked it much better than when the meeting began. Still, the ending was way too sad.

The good part: I have our next book, Pope Joan, on order from Alibris. Should arrive any moment. Although I'll probalby be banned from work if I tell anyone I'm reading it! I've also started on the book I'll be presenting in a couple months, Loving Che. Read a review here. I'll research a little history, have some further recommendations, hopefully the see movie "The Motorcycle Diaries," and I hope to EVEN find a T-shirt.

Storm warning
Again, after snow all day yesterday, more than expected. Winter storm warning for tonight and Saturday--could we REALLY get up to 10 inches?! I don't think so. I do believe we will get the "extreme cold temperatures" and the "blowing and drifting." And just what is a "ground-level blizzard," a term I heard bandied about this morning?
But the sunrise, I could see it this morning, and blue sky, even it was only 8 degrees.

He's back
Inauguration over...speech done ...parade has passed by...dancing died. Four more years

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 AM

    Get 1000s of Links pointing back to Your Site... Starting Today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog, please list it on my favourite Blog Directory.

    It has lots of links to ny giants blog blogs

    William MacDonald

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:49 AM

    Would The Thought Of Thousands Of Other Web Site's All Displaying Your Content,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you listed your blog in a blog directory?

    "bad girl blog" is what I used to find your blog on google

    bad girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:23 PM

    nice blog enjoyed it :)

    Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!
    !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:11 AM

    Your one-stop source for free articles and ebooks. Do you need contents
    to add to your web site? Or articles for use on your opt-in newsletters
    and e-zines? Yourebooksuperstore.com has scoured the web and indexed a
    huge collection of articles on various subjects. Just click on the
    appropriate category to read the articles. Please feel free to submit
    an article. http://trafficzone.us/hoo/hoodia_diet_pill.html

    ReplyDelete