Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tuesday Morning
The family is changing not disappearing. We have to broaden our understanding of it, look for the new metaphors. -- Mary Catherine Bateson
To grow mature is to separate more distinctly, to connect more closely. -- Hugo Von Hofmannsthal
Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn. -- Gore Vidal
I said to myself, I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me - shapes and ideas so near to me - so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down. I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught. -- Georgia O'Keeffe
One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else. -- Eleanor Roosevelt
Creativity is...seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God. -- Michele Shea (I think she is an artist, but could find no info about her.)
Bad news from the news
Dining hall in Mosul attacked: What in the world are we doing in this place? (Iraq in general, I mean.)
Bad news about Aleve: Pretty soon we are all just going to have to live with our pain.
Holiday update
Please notice that it's "holiday update," not "Christmas update," to possibly offend any persons of various religous persuasions. Great UK article about it.
Shopping--done. Wrapping--not. Will, tonight, hopefully, engage in our decades-old tradition of watching the movie White Christmas and wrapping like maniacs.
Chance of a white Christmas--possible. We are not part of the winter storm watch--it's to our south and east--but we might get an inch or two! Enough for me.
Babysat Julian and Caroline last night. Papa played football and Spiderman monopoly with Julian, and I kept Caroline out of their way, which is getting more and more difficult. She now realizes that if she hears their voices, she can take off crawling down the hall and join the fun. Julian wants to use her as part of his obstacle course.
I was feeding her dinner, and she had had enough. She picked up her plate and handed it to me "Done!" she said. It was too funny. She was done with the baby ravioli, but when the pizza came a few minutes later, she was more than ready for some.
Phone rang two minutes after A. and M. left. Matt had backed into my car! Oh no! Just slight damage--it will have to be fixed, but if we are going to have wrecks, I prefer to have them in our own driveways, with our own family members. When that guy ran into A. last year, her car was in the shop for three months!

No comments:

Post a Comment