Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2004

Quotes, haiku, lamentations
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men [persons]. Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks. Then the doing of your work shall be no
miracle, but you shall be the miracle. -- Phillips Brooks
One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of looking at things. -- Henry Miller
The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think. -- Edwin Schlossberg
I cannot live without books. -- Thomas Jefferson
Bad haiku of the day
Parrot
Squawk enough, parrot,
And soon you'll have your own show
On cable TV.
Details fading
It's the socks. I know, I've always been overly obsessive that they should be on me right-side-out. Like, who can see them? Or care, if they COULD see them? But I know. And in years past, if I should (heaven forbid) spot that I had let one slip by me, even during the day, I'd change it.
But as amblyopia progresses, I can't SEE in the mornings, if they are inside out or not. Not without getting my glasses, which seems like so much trouble. But I think I will put one of my extra pairs on the dresser, because the thought of inside-out socks destroys my sense of order.
16 days
Til it's over. Then three more til the traveling is done. Often, I hate December.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:39 AM

    Hey! Blogging is such fun! Don't fret over your socks! Aterall, tomarrow is another day! Reeny

    ReplyDelete