Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Tuesday's child is full of...
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides. -- David Viscott

Life is just one damned thing after another. -- Elbert Hubbard (I totally agree with this one, after spending quite a bit of time on the phone today trying to straighten out a missing mortgage payment!)

Summer
Today is totally what summer is like, should be like, in Ohio and Indiana. Many people hate it--it's hot and humid and thunderstorms threaten. But I wish I could just blow this cubicle, change into shorts, and spend the day outside, somehow--somewhere I could feel the heavy air, feel the sunshine, watch the weather, the clouds--sometimes I think, I can't wait until I am old, old, old, and I pray I am sentient enough to still enjoy these days. I know I will appreciate them, for I will think of the years and years I spent these days in air conditioned cubicle greyness and regret them, and mourn their loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment