Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2004

Critical comments, disquised as motivational quotes
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm beginning to believe it. -- Clarence Darrow [enough said here, I think]

There must be quite a few things a hot bath won't cure, but I don't know many of them. -- Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar, 1963 [A sad end, but sheis right on about this one; obviously, it didn't cure QUITE everything]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. -- Lord Chesterfield [This one I need to live by.]

Haiku as foisted upon USAToday
Telephone
(6/2/04)


A lifeline to you,
A ring means your voice is near;
Love through the wires.

Flag
(6/1/04)


Die for it, fly it,
Wave it, salute it, burn it,
Freedom on a pole.

NLHS Class of '74
A reunion is scheduled for Labor Day weekend. Thirty years! Certainly when I graduated at age 18, I never thought this day would come; we spend 30 years gradually realizing how wrong we are about stuff like that. Visit the New London, Ohio web site at .
www.newlondonohio.com

No comments:

Post a Comment