Pages

Friday, May 7, 2004

Remains Of the day
As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.-- Carl Jung

If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way. -- Buddha

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. -- Alvin Toffler

Bad Haiku
Is it better than no haiku at all?

Cottage (5/6/04)

Sea breeze, salty smell,
Open doors and sandy floors,
Summer days beckon.

Restaurant (5/6/04)

Waiter! Over here!
Hey! There's a fly in my soup!
Shhh! We're almost out!

Restaurant (5/4/04)

Garlic, warm bread, wine,
Earthy aromas seduce,
Sensuous pleasure.

Restaurant (04/30/04)

Seduce me, serve me,
Feed me, drink me, dessert me,
At the Church of Food.

Boss (04/29/04)

Hey, get off my back.
No, I can't come in Sunday.
You pointy-haired boss.

Swimming Pool (04/27/04)

I just really don't think
That I can write one more poem
About a swimming pool.

Swimming Pool (04/26/04)

It's where I am not;
Though I long for its sun and
Warmth, at work I must remain.

Swimming Pool (04/23/04)

NOTHING better than
A hot day, cold drink, good book
And a long nap by the pool.

Bathtub (04/22/04)

Scrub it, and clean it,
And Rub rub a dub dub it,
And those out those knaves, all three!

Cottage (05/07/04)

Rainy day lake-side,
Porch beckons, dry and quiet,
Sit with me awhile.



No comments:

Post a Comment