Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Lamenting still the end of May
Perhaps I am a bear, or some hibernating animal underneath, for the instinct to be half asleep all winter is so strong in me. -- Anne Morrow Lindbergh

Remember! Things in life will not always run smoothly. Sometimes we will be rising toward the heights - then all will seem to reverse itself and start downward. The great fact to remember is that the trend of civilization itself is forever upward, that a line drawn through the middle of the peaks and the valleys of the centuries always has an upward trend.-- Endicott Peabody

Great new web site
To say I'm excited about the new Harry Potter movie is understatment. I've reread Prisoner in anticipation, and am working on Goblet of Fire again just for fun. Discovered that J.K. Rowling has a great new web site, it's very cleverly done. Visit it at: www.jkrowling.com

Visit Scholastic's great site based on the books.

Also looking forward to
Delivery of LOTR, The Return of the King DVD sometime this week. Check www.overstock.com; it's been shipped, so could get here TODAY! Promised J. we'd have "movie night" so he could see it.

Books on hold
Too much to read, so little time! I've got Founding Mothers by Cokie Roberts coming ... Bob Woodward's book...and looking forward in June to Stephanie Plum and (is this such a stretch?) Bill Clinton's book. (No one can say I'm not widely read.) Plus the stack at home, mostly fiction.

And don't get me started on the magazines, from Real Simple to Wired to Quick Cooking and Birds and Blooms.

Ordered Julian a couple Mr. Magoo tapes. Remember him? I think they made a very bad live-action movie about him a couple years ago--I never saw it. But the cartoons were some of my favorites as a kid (him and Rocky and Bullwinkle and Topcat). G. mentioned Mr. Magoo to J. a couple weeks ago--J. of course not familiar with him, so I found a couple tapes on overstock.com and am awaiting their arrival.

BeautiControl
A. has become a representative for these products. Sold at home parties, like Tupperware or Pampered Chef, only more fun--the parties are like mini-spas. Visit her web site at:
www.beautipage.com/lovetorelax

Gas prices
Don't they just suck! Although I keep hearing that, "adjusted for inflation," they are not as high as 20 years ago. It's a mental thing, but $2 a gallon and more sure seems high! We're on the road to Ohio on Sat., and I hate to thinking of two fillups to get us there and home again at over $20 a pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment