Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

Tuesday Morning
Cool but sunny. Trees more green than bare. Dogwoods, crabapples, apples, redbud, lilacs, alive and well. Yards with daffodils, tulips, jonquil. A pot of violas in my front yard. Winter's over.

I listen to the voices, and they say...

Whatever you are by nature, keep to it; never desert your line of talent. Be what nature intended you for and you will succeed.-- Sydney Smith

Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway. -- John Wayne

The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is at all comprehensible. -- Albert Einstein

The highest result of education is tolerance.-- Helen Keller, 'Optimism,' 1903
Other Keller Organizations: Helen Keller International; Helen Keller Foundation

USAToday Haiku Contributions

4/26 -- Swimming Pool

It's where I am not;
Though I long for its sun and
Warmth, at work I must remain.

4/23 -- Swimming Pool

NOTHING better than
A hot day, cold drink, good book
And a long nap by the pool.

4/22 -- Bathtub

Scrub it, and clean it,
And Rub rub a dub dub it,
And throw out those knaves, all three!

This one was chosen online:
April 20: Bathtub

Hold me in your arms
Surround me with warm bubbles
Here is my escape.

Aren't hi-koo fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment