Pages

Friday, April 16, 2004

On the bookshelf
I had been on the wait list at the library for The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Ablom. Not a long book--finished it Wednesday. I found that, despite the hype, I was disappointed when I was finished. The main character spends both his waking and dead moments lamenting his life, the futility of it. And it is pretty bleak. The trouble is, by the time he's talked to his five people, I (as a reader) don't feel a whole lot better about his life. It still seems pretty bleak, even though he does save the little girl from the runaway ride. And finds his wife, who he loved very much. It's a good idea...but not real well executed.

My haiku for yesterday and today
I doubt THIS one will win, but it was fun to write.

Soft

Quilts, pillows, flannel
These things that we fall into
Blunt the daily blow.

Soft

Despite your hard-edged,
Masculine, macho, male self,
I know you are soft.

Find today's subect on USAToday.

No comments:

Post a Comment